The Sales Institute is not in the staffing business but as a special service to our banker friends, we provide information on selected bank sales and sales management jobs.
Join our Jobs List to be automatically notified when a new banking or sales management job is posted to our website.
All information kept in confidence.
Title: Regional CFO
Bank: Fifth Third Bank
Location: Atlanta, GA
This position will be a senior financial decision-maker with primary responsibility for analyzing the financial performance and growth opportunities in an affiliate with $5 billion or less in assets. Responsible for assisting the CEO andlinemanagersindeveloping action plans to sustain profitable growth. Provides assistance to profit center managers in building business strategies to grow revenues, identify cost efficiencies, and increase profitability. Coordinates withtheCincinnatiFinanceDivision and Lines of Business to ensure consistency in reaching Bancorp financial goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyze business performance, make recommendations for improvements and measure progress. Success in the role is measured by outcomes, not reporting. Did the business improvement and accomplish its growth objectives.
* Manage staffing to ensure that the Affiliate advances the company's ability to excel in Financial Services Industry.
o Develop staff for rotational assignments and export talent to other areas in Finance Recruit new talent when necessary both inside and outside the organization. Aggressively promote from within by preparing all levels of staff for next opportunities.
o Ensure proper orientation - both formal and informal for all employees.
o Identify challenging work assignments, mentoring and education programs to give employees exposure to proactive problem solving with varied work groups throughout the Division.
o Ensure ongoing 2-way timely, clear performance feedback to maintain healthy proactive work relationships.
* Establish and maintain work relationships with peers and Senior Management to ensure success on new initiatives and growth plans. Ensure collaborative, accountable working relationships with:
o LOB business line managers and support functions.
o Other Affiliate CFOs and LOB Management.
o Bancorp Financial Management (Accounting, Treasury, Tax, and Chief Financial Officer).
o Bancorp support functions.
* Maintain integrity of internal financial reporting and performance measurement to ensure proper business line behavior.
o Enforce current accounting policies and practices as they related to business lines.
o Develop relationship with outside sources where necessary.
o Ensure that actual and plan measures are accurate and enforce the appropriate growth behavior.
o Develop additional reporting where necessary.
o Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and all balances supportable.
* Continue to identify key financial trends (opportunities and challenges) and assist in creating division organization, with recognition and commitment to changes in behavior.
o Identify and challenge business line managers to identify significant expense and revenue improvement ideas and ensure implementation.
o Maintain effective reporting for key improvement ideas.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for providing employees timely, candid and constructive performance feedback; developing employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee careergrowth;developingtheappropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
MNIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Education:College degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
* Certification: CPA, MBA preferred.
* Experience: 5 - 7 years or more of accounting or finance related experience. Strong financial planning experience required. Previous experience in multiple Fifth Third LOBs, ALCO, Corporate finance or related experience required.
* Industry - Banking or Financial Services preferred.
* Managerial - Supervisory Experience preferred.
* Computer/Technical: Proficient in basic spreadsheet applications such as Excel, Microsoft Word, etc. Demonstrate ability to learn and understand various computer systems.
* Excellent communications, organization and follow up skills.
* Excellent people/relationship building skills.
* Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
Contact: Fifth Third Careers