The Sales Institute is not in the staffing business but as a special service to our banker friends, we provide information on selected bank sales and sales management jobs.
Join our Jobs List to be automatically notified when a new banking or sales management job is posted to our website.
All information kept in confidence.
Title: Area Manager (North Charlotte Market)
Bank: SunTrust Bank
Location: Concord, NC
Click here to apply!
Responsible for overall performance of branches within an assigned area. Performance accountabilities and responsibilities primarily include service, sales and operational performance across all segments within the retail branch banking network. Provide leadership and coaching to group of branch managers on these primary areas. Primary activities include:
• Coaching managers in various aspects including (but not limited to):
• Sales and service performance planning
• Identifying sales opportunities and achieving results on an individual and team level
• Building branch teammate skill sets around sales effectiveness, industry-leading service and transaction quality
• Operational soundness and proper risk management
• Sourcing and selection of branch manager and subsequently branch teammate candidates
• Supporting and enhancing an internal referral network among other lines of business such as (but not limited to) Financial Advisors, Mortgage, Trust, Wealth, Business Banking, Treasury Services, Merchant Services, SunTrust at Work Representatives
• Partnering with Regional Operations Manager (ROM) to identify operational
gaps, risks, and execute development/improvement plans
• Developing of direct reports on an ongoing basis
Responsible for the area’s service, sales, expense, and profit performance by:
• Monitoring area and branch effectiveness and progress towards service, sales, and other goals through financial and activity reports
• Identify gaps in performance and developing appropriate plans to improve performance when needed
Ensuring consistent execution of the Client Engagement Model:
This position requires direct management, coaching, and development of teammates in various branches that could exhibit differing market characteristics within an area. Achieving maximum performance from each branch will require appropriate planning, consistent execution of the Client Engagement Model and proper allocation of area and region resources. Each branch within the area is expected to achieve targeted performance results that contribute to the overall aggregate performance of the area.
Ensures industry-leading service levels are delivered by branch teammates. Ensures that branch managers demonstrate and role model individual success by contributing individual production to help achieve overall branch goals. Also ensures that branch teammates achieve success through branch manager coaching and leadership; and that all teammates contribute to achieving all branch level deposit and loan growth goals. Area managers must also work to ensure each branch is meeting performance expectations in investments.
The area manager is responsible for talent management development as well as implementation of talent management and diversity objectives. Follows-up with, and coaches branch managers to, ensure proper In-the-Action and Developmental Coaching is executed within the branch and among all teammates. Additionally, responsible for proper execution on and coaching of branch managers with regard to:
• Improving individual teammate performance
• Conducting effective performance evaluation conversations
• Constructing proper development plans
• Utilization and institution of proper corrective action plans when needed
The area manager is responsible for overall execution of banking policy at all branches. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Pursues on-going education of SunTrust products, services, and other lines of business. Responsible for ensuring that business transactions and practices of direct reports as well as in the individual’s span of control comply with all regulations and the SunTrust Code of Conduct.
Responsible for overall management of sales, service and operational performance for branches within an assigned area. Manages and develops an Area Team Lead.
Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
• High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
• Managed a minimum of 10 branches for at least 2 years.
• 3 years Area Manager experience.
• Ability to coach and support team to desired performance outcomes.
• Managed a minimum of 15 branches for at least 2 years.
• 5 or more years Area Manager experience managing a high performing team for a financial institution.
Click here to apply!