Title: Area Director
Location: San Francisco
To Apply: Click Here!
The Area Director is responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of branches and branch staff by analyzing performance data; developing action plans with Branch Managers to drive sales plans and address performance gaps in addition to following-up to ensure execution; and communicating and managing performance expectations and facilitating development planning.
• Ensure Branches in their markets have a balance in results between client advocacy, sales and operational excellence including operational risk. Provide consistent leadership, coaching and direction to all levels of branch and area staff, concentrating on branch visits and Area level meetings to drive individual and branch success.
• Drive sales activities, including representing Citi and building partnerships in the community. Partner with segment Market Managers (e.g. Commercial and Small Business, Home Lending, Citi at Work) to drive synergies, review sales pipelines and coordinate priorities/focus areas for branches in the Area; coach segment bankers and Branch Managers in working with those bankers.
• Partner with Division Sales Director to integrate, prioritize and manage promotional campaigns across segment and product lines. Work with Branch Managers and Division Manager to analyze client and market data to identify potential sales and services opportunities.
• Proactively source and identify talent in the Area. Develop high potential employees to build bench strength.
• Partner on an ongoing basis with Area Operations Director to track and address the operational and service performance of branch.
• Coach Branch Managers and their teams to leverage Citi’s lead management system and other lead generation techniques (e.g., referrals, community outreach). Encourage and reward daily participation.
• Embed the principles behind the Citimax compensation program to ensure the motivation of the right behaviors and the delivery of the business results. Ensure that the execution of all programs recognizes, rewards, and reinforces outstanding employee performance and customer satisfaction. Consistently communicate and manage performance
The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 8 – 10 years business experience, including at least 5 in sales management (preferred)
• 5 plus years of retail banking experience to understand the operating environment
• Proven track record of results in sales, service, operations and employee retention
• Experience leading remote teams and working in a matrix organization
• Experience working in or overseeing Affluent/ High Net Worth and Small Business
• Effective prioritization and organization
• Dynamic leader, self-motivated and to motivate others
• Effective communication and listening
• Able to respond effectively and timely to organizational, business and regulatory changes; flexible
• Strong interpersonal skills
To Apply: Click Here!